Top 15 Sample CNA Test Questions
Try to answer these top 15 sample CNA test questions to determine your preparation level.
Taking practice exams plays a crucial role when preparing for the CNA Exam. Practice tests are very important because they provide aspiring CNAs a chance to use their newly acquired knowledge and skills in an environment that closely resembles what they’ll encounter during the actual test.
Moreover, there’s no other best way to overcome test jitters than doing a lot of practice, practice, and practice. This way you’ll get used to the exam pressure and gain more confidence, while increasing your understanding of the structure and content of the test.
That said, read our top 15 sample CNA test questions, choose your best answer, and start leveling up your preparation for the CNA exam. Let’s get started!
1. What is the first step to prevent the spread of germs?
a. Keeping the room clean
b. Covering your mouth when sneezing
c. Observing proper garbage disposal
2. Which of the following is responsible for prescribing medical care?
a. Nurse aid
c. Physician or nurse practitioner
3. When it comes to range of motion exercises, which of the following statements is true?
a. Each exercise must be repeated ten times.
b. Should be done once a day.
c. ROM exercises help prevent strokes and paralysis.
d. They are usually performed during ADLs such as brushing, bathing or dressing.
4. The name of the procedure used to rescue someone who is choking is called?
c. Arm elevation
d. Abdominal thrust
5. Which of the following has the greatest risk for falling?
a. A hearing-impaired patient
b. Patient who has difficulty with balance
c. An old patient with a cane
d. A patient who often has visitors
6. In a cancer patient with only a few days to live, which nursing care to focus on?
a. Provide comfort to the resident
b. Give the resident quiet time and privacy
c. Help through the stages of grief
d. Keep the usual routine care
7. Gloves must be worn for which of the following procedures?
c. Brushing the resident’s hair
d. Emptying a urinary drainage bag
8. About residents who are restrained, which of the following is true?
a. They are not at risk for falling.
b. They are not more likely to develop pneumonia.
c. They are at risk for developing pressure sores.
d. Their posture and alignment are improved.
9. The resident has diabetes. Now which of the following is a sign of a low blood sugar level?
10. When a resident refuses a bath, the nursing assistant should
a. Wait and ask the resident again later.
b. Remind the resident that she or he will smell bad to the visitors.
c. Tell her or him that it’s the policy of the nursing home.
d. Offer her or him a bribe.
11. When communicating to a resident who speaks a different language, the nursing assistant should
a. Repeat the words often till she or he understands.
b. Face her or him and speak softly.
c. Use gestures and pictures.
d. Assume when she or he nods that the message is understood.
12. Which of the following is appropriate for a nurse aid working in a long term facility?
a. Apply splints of patient who has had a stroke.
b. Change linens of an incontinent resident.
c. Prepare and administer tube feeding for a patient who is on aspiration precautions.
d. Change intravenous tubings of a patient receiving medications.
13. Which statement is correct with regards to religious beliefs of residents?
a. Health care staff and residents should not discuss religion.
b. Residents must not be concerned themselves with religious beliefs.
c. Residents have a right to their own religious beliefs.
d. The staff may force patients to believe as they do.
14. When you notice warmth and redness to the patient’s elbow, the nursing assistant should report the following:
15. Which one of the following examples is not included in the Patient’s Rights?
a. Accept or refuse treatment
b. Affordable care
d. Privacy and dignity
These are just some of the sample CNA test questions. Go to our CNAHQ archives to get more.